Where to get the best Curry Laksa? Which hawker stall has the best Hainanese Chicken Rice? Don’t know where to bring your tourist friends for the best Chai Tow Kway?
Worry no more because some of Singapore’s best eateries have been awarded a”Bib Gourmand” (high-quality menu at reasonable prices) by the very first edition of the Singapore Michelin Guide! So who made the cut? Here are the 34 hawker stalls, restaurants and food establishment that made the list.
What is Bib Gourmand?
“Not quite a star, but most definitely not a consolation prize, the Bib Gourmand…is a just-as-esteemed rating that recognises friendly establishments that serve good food at moderate prices. ” In Singapore – the meal must be under SGD$45 to qualify.
Michelin Bib Gourmand Singapore – Hawker Stalls
Without further ado, here’s the full list!
1. Claypot Laksa – Alexandra Village Food Centre
2. A Noodle Story – Amoy Street Food Centre
3. Famous Crispy Curry Puff – Amoy Street Food Centre
4. Hong Kee Beef Noodle – Amoy Street Food Centre
5. Hoo Kee Rice Dumpling – Amoy Street Food Centre
6. The Fishball Story – Golden Mile Food Centre
7. Wedang (Indonesian food and Satay) – Golden Mile Food Centre
8. Famous Sungei Road Trishaw (laksa) – Hong Lim Market & Food Centre
9. Na Na Curry – 115 Bukit Merah View Market & Food Centre
10. Chey Sua Carrot Cake – 127 Toa Payoh West Market & Food Centre
(Image credit: Danielfooddiary)
11. Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice – Maxwell Food Centre
12. Shi Hui Yuan (noodle with chicken and duck) – Mei Ling Market & Food Centre
13. Alliance Seafood – Newton Food Centre
14. Tiong Bahru Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice – Tiong Bahru Market
15. Hong Heng Fried Sotong Prawn Mee – Tiong Bahru Market
16. Balestier Road Hoover Rojak – Whampoa Market Place
17. Liang Zhao Ji (soy duck) – Whampoa Market Place
Michelin Bib Gourmand Singapore – Restaurants
18. Alaturka (Turkish) – Bussorah Street
19. Hajah Maimunah (Malaysian) – Jalan Pisang 11-15
20. Ka Soh (Singaporean) – College Road
21. Kok Sen (tze char) – Keong Saik Road
22. Lagnaa (Indian) – Little India
23. New Ubin Seafood – Sin Ming Road
24. Peony Jade at Keppel Club (Cantonese) – Bukit Chermin Rd
25. Shish Mahal (Indian) – Albert Street
26. Song Fa Bak Kut Teh – New Bridge Rd
27. 328 Katong Laksa – East Coast Road
28. True Blue Cuisine (Peranakan) – Armenien Street
(image credit: cellophaneland)
29. Whole Earth (Peranakan Thai Vegetarian) – Peck Street
30. Yhingthai Palace (Thai) – Purvis Street
31. Zaffron Kitchen (Indian) – East Coast Road
Michelin Bib Gourmand Singapore – Other Street Food Establishments
32. Bismillah Biryani – Dunlop Road
33. JB Ah Meng Kitchen (Cantonese) – Geylang Road
34. Sin Huat Eating House (crab rice noodle) – Geylang Road
Here’s the full list again!
With so many yummy approved food to choose from, we reckon you bookmark this page (and share with your friends) for future reference. You’ll always know “what to eat” and “where to eat” from now. No more arguments about who has to decide meal plans!
Header image source: burpple.com, words by editor.