Let’s be honest, hair is crazy important. The right haircut can make you look younger, fresher and compliment your features. For most of us, our hair is literally our crowning glory and when your hair refuses to look good it can be pretty annoying!
To help your hair be just a little more cooperative, we’ve gathered a few hair treatments you can do in the comfort of your home! Pop by the supermarket for these really simple at home hair treatments!
For Dry/Damaged Hair
Not only do avocados taste amazing in shakes and is the perfect brunch food, it’s also great for your hair! Avocado is a rich source of proteins, amino acids and vitamins! It also promotes strong and healthy hair growth without weighing down fine hair! Here’s a really simple hair mask that consist of only avocados!
- Mash up half an avocado to create a paste
- Apply mixture to freshly washed hair for 15 minutes
- Rinse it out
DSG Tip: If you’re not keen on your hair smelling like avocado, put in a few drops of scented essential oils into the avocado hair mask before applying it to your hair!
2. Egg, Honey and Yogurt
Eggs are rich in fats and protein which makes it the perfect ingredient for a hair mask that moisturises dry and brittle hair. Yoghurt on the other hand will strengthen your hair while adding that extra shine to your tresses! Here’s a hair mask mixture that will moisturise and give your locks that extra shine!
- Beat two raw eggs until it forms a smooth mixture
- Add a tablespoon of honey and two tablespoons of yoghurt to raw egg mixture
- Apply mixture on hair for 20 minutes
- Rinse out mixture with cold water
DSG Tip: Use a shower cap when applying this hair mask if you’re sensitive to the smell of raw eggs!
3. Banana and Olive Oil
Everyone knows bananas are the best snack on the move. They’re perfect if you’re craving for a sugary treat and they’re rich in fibre! But did you know that olive oil and bananas make a great hair mask for dry and damaged hair too!?
- Put a banana into a blender and grind to a smooth, lump-free puree.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil into the pureed banana. Give it another whirl in the blender. You should get a frothy mixture!
- Apply the banana-olive oil mixture on every strand and your scalp. Let the hair mask sit for 10 – 15 minutes
- Rinse off mixture
DSG Tip: If you have dry hair but an oily scalp, it’s best to use this hair mask on your hair only and not your scalp!
Tips for Dealing With Dry/Damaged Hair:
1. Conditioner Is Your Best Friend
After shampooing it’s essential to condition! Conditioner locks in the moisture and oils in your hair and if you’re always on the go, pick up a bottle of leave-in conditioner!
2. Keep Usage Of Heat Styling Tools To A Minimum
Styling tools like hair straighteners and curlers can really dry out your hair. If you’re dolling up for a special occasion remember to use a heat protectant spray!
3. Amp Up Your Post Wash Hair Care
Use a nourishing hair mask once a week, if you’re keen on walking out of the house with smooth and shiny hair opt for some hair oil. Not only does it keep your hair silky smooth, it also keeps away fizz and flyaways!
For Oily Hair
1. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice has a high acidic pH which makes is the best option for oily hair! Best part? Lemons are pretty cheap and you can use them for so many other at home treatments! A simple hair mask for oily hair, this hair rinse uses just two ingredients!
- Take the juice from 1 lemon and add it to about 300ml of water, mix well.
- Use the lemon juice mixture as a rinse after shampoo!
DSG Tip: If you need more lemon juice – water mixture, mix the juice of 1 lemon to every 300ml of water!
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar isn’t as popular as it’s counterpart (vinegar), but it has its benefits! From deodorising smelly feet to reducing bloating, apple cider vinegar can do it all! A hair rinse that uses just one ingredient? Yes please!
- Add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to a cup of water and mix well
- Rinse your hair with the mixture and let your hair sit for a few minutes
- Repeat this process at least three times a week to get hair that is shiny but not oily!
DSG Tip: Always use small amounts of vinegar or diluted apple cider vinegar, too much vinegar may actually be hazardous to your body!
Tea doesn’t just go well with breakfast, it also has really great health benefits! Green tea is loaded with antioxidants which help with weight loss and lower cholesterol. This hair rinse isn’t just soothing it’s also good for your hair and scalp
- Boil some tea leaves in a cup of water.
- When the tea cools a little (the tea should be warm), apply it to your scalp.
- Let the tea sit for five minutes.
- Rinse and shampoo your hair to remove all the tea
DSG Tip: Black tea is a favourite for at home hair treatments!
Tips for Dealing With Oily Hair:
1. Condition Only The Ends
Even with oily hair, you can’t skip conditioner! However we recommend using conditioner only on the ends of your hair!
2. Look For Shampoos That Say ‘For Oily Hair’ or ‘Clarifying’
The first step to combating oily hair is the shampoo you use. Certain shampoos might strip your hair of its natural oils and make your scalp produce even more sebum.
3. Limit Your Hair Brushing And Touching Your Hair
Excessive brushing actually stimulates the production of oil which isn’t the desired affect for someone who has oily hair! And that unconscious habit of touching your hair? It could actually be stimulating your scalp as well!
But for those of you who would rather leave the hair care to a professionals (let’s be honest, some at home hair treatments can get pretty messy!), head on down to Beijing 101!
Not only do they have hair experts who are there to analyse your scalp, they’ll know exactly what your scalp needs! Using only the best ingredients and treatments derived from Traditional Chinese Medicines, Beijing 101 can help you combat a scalp that isn’t cooperating!
One of their treatments available right now is Beijing 101’s Herbal Hair Revitalising Treatment. A treatment that cleanses the scalp, balances oil secretion and pH so you get a healthy and strong scalp! Restoring nutrients to your scalp, the Herbal Hair Revitalising Treatment boost the scalp’s immune system as well! And everyone knows a healthy scalp means strong and healthy hair!
Best part? Right now Beijing 101 is having a special offer on its Herbal Hair Revitalising Treatment! At only $39, you get a FREE Hair Care Kit and the award-winning Herbal Hair Revitalising Treatment. Usually priced at $276, this is a promotion you cannot miss!
Award-Winning Herbal Hair Revitalising Treatment @ $39 w/GST (U.P $168) + FREE Hair Care Kit (worth $108)
For more information: Check out Beijing 101’s Newest Herbal Revitalising Treatment
Email: [email protected]
Opening Hours: Mon – Fri 11am – 9pm; Sat, Sun & PH 10am – 7pm (by appointment only)