7-11 used to be a snack wonderland, with microwaveable sandwiches and pastas, instant noodle prep stations, Craze Hottis, Maggi mashed potatoes, and the OG soft serve of Singapore, Mr Softee.
Mr Softee was THE DESSERT of my childhood. But like the Avatar, it disappeared when I (and the rest of Singapore) needed it most.
However, it wouldn’t be gone for too long, because now it’s BACK!
Ice Cream, You Scream For Mr Softee
Mr Softee made a quiet return to Singapore, with a nifty soft serve machine sitting in a 7-11 outlet at Bencoolen, near Ibis Hotel, churning cups of Chendol-flavoured Mr Softee soft serves.
However this isn’t the first sighting we’ve had of Mr Softee since its sudden disappearance in the late 2000s.
Back in January this year, people found that the Vanilla Mr Softee was available in selected 7-11 outlets across the island.
Now this one only sells the local favourite, Chendol-flavoured soft serve at just $1.50 a cup. Though to be honest, it looks like it shrunk in the wash.
Like excuse me? Your price didn’t increase, good for you. But the serving size really dipped.
But I guess, no price increase is better than nothing. So I shall refrain from complaining too much.
7-Eleven has made a very special announcement regarding their fan-favourite ice-cream.
From 3 – 16 October, Mr Softee’s cendol ice-cream will be going at 2 for $2 only! So grab a dessert buddy and eat to your heart’s content, or eat both if that’s how you roll.
While the weather these days is more suited to hot pot dinners and warm comforting soups, I will brave the rain and the subsequent shivers for Mr Softee.
I will not forsake him like he did to all Singaporeans.
Cravings aside, if like me, you’re seeking for a cup of Mr Softee, here’s are the selected outlets to get your cravings fixed:
- 1A Eunos Crescent #01-2469/2471 Singapore 401001
- 446 Pasir Ris Drive 6 #01-112 Singapore 510446
- 5 Tampines Street 32 #01-19/20 Tampines Mart Singapore 529284
- 89 Bedok North Street 4 #01-83 Singapore 460089
- 201B Tampines Street 21 #01-1063 Singapore 522201
- 185 Pasir Ris Street 11 #01-60 Singapore 510185
- 491D Tampines St.45 #01-224 Singapore 523491
- 122 Geylang East Central #01-88 Singapore 380122
- 807 Yishun Ring Road #01-4217 Singapore 760807
- 291 Yishun Street 22 #01-337 Singapore 760291
- 413 Yishun Ring Road #01-1873 Singapore 760413
- 768 Woodlands Avenue 6 #01-06 Singapore 730768
- 548 Woodlands Drive 44 #01-09 Vista Point Singapore 730548
- 335 Sembawang Close #01-473 Singapore 750335
- 259 Bukit Panjang Ring Road #01-20 Singapore 671259
- 423 Choa Chu Kang Avenue 4 #01-260 Singapore 680423
- 445 Fajar Road #01-556 Singapore 670445
- 524A Jelepang Road #02-16/17 Greenridge Shopping Centre Singapore 671524
- 689B Choa Chu Kang Drive #01-306 Singapore 682689
- 152A Gangsa Road Singapore 671152
- 160A Jalan Teck Whye Lane #01-02 Singapore 681160
- 668A Jurong West Street 64 #01-120 Singapore 641668
- 213 Bukit Batok Street 21, #01-215 Singapore 650213
- 163 Toa Payoh Lorong 1 #01-1016 Singapore 310163
- 1 Selegie Road #01-06 PoMo Singapore 188306
- 51 Bras Basah Road #01-04 Manulife Centre Singapore 189554
- 144 Arab Street #01-01Singapore 199829
- 170 Bencoolen Street #01-03 Ibis Hotel Singapore 189657
- 35 Robinsons Road #01-02 Singapore 068876
- 766 North Bridge Road Singapore 198734
- 318B Anchorvale Link #01-255 Singapore 542318
Good things must share. And share we did. Don’t say we neh say.
Also read Popular Filipino Fries Chain Potato Corner Opens A S’pore Outlet At Orchard
(Header Image Source: Twitter User Xavier Lur)